A particular company may not be listed in Best Pick Reports for a variety of reasons. It is possible the company did not receive a good rating, does not conduct a considerable amount of business in the geographic area, does not have the required insurance and licenses, or chose not to participate in the Best Pick program. Additionally, we may not be familiar with every company in a market, in which case we’d be happy to consider a nomination.
- What is Best Pick Reports?
- What is a Best Pick?
- Why should I use Best Pick Reports?
- How are companies selected for Best Pick Reports?
- Why isn’t my favorite service provider listed?
- How is Best Pick Reports funded?
- Why are your phone numbers different from the company’s website?
- How can I get in touch?
- Seasonal Maintenance Checklist
- Be wary of prices that seem too good to be true
- Avoid unknown companies selling door to door
- Be wary of the high-pressure sales technique
- Be patient during the busy season
- Avoid moonlighters
- Don’t make a hiring decision based on a company’s sign in your neighbor’s yard
- Remember that one referral is only one referral
- Thoroughly check references
- Only compare apples to apples
- Avoid business on a handshake
- Avoid large, up-front payments
- Never open an account for a contractor at a local store
- Do not help contractors
- Do not lend tools to the people you hire
- Keep valuables out of sight
- Monitor workers in your home
- Avoid cash payments
- Write a check to the company you hired, not to an employee
- Request lien releases on major work
- Never make the final payment until you are completely satisfied
Best Pick Reports is an annual publication featuring independently researched and recommended local home service providers. The Best Pick Reports team utilizes annual consumer satisfaction research to evaluate and document the performance of home service providers, such as heating and air conditioning companies, roofers, and painters.
A Best Pick company is one that has been deemed to be exceptional with regard to its quality of work and customer service through an independent consumer satisfaction research process. All Best Pick companies must: Maintain an excellent customer satisfaction rating through annually conducted, independent research Carry general liability insurance as well as any other
We’ve been matching top-quality companies with homeowners since 1997, and our research shows that the Best Pick companies we recommend have extremely high satisfaction rates from their customers. Through Best Pick Reports, you can also access useful information on home repairs and home service companies, so you can be educated when reaching out to companies