Yes, we verify that all companies hold general liability insurance and workers’ compensation insurance when required by the state. We also verify that companies carry proper trade licenses.
- What is Best Pick Reports?
- What is a Best Pick?
- Why should I use Best Pick Reports?
- How are companies selected for Best Pick Reports?
- Why isn’t my favorite service provider listed?
- How is Best Pick Reports funded?
- Why are your phone numbers different from the company’s website?
- How can I get in touch?
- Be wary of prices that seem too good to be true
- Avoid unknown companies selling door to door
- Be wary of the high-pressure sales technique
- Be patient during the busy season
- Avoid moonlighters
- Don’t make a hiring decision based on a company’s sign in your neighbor’s yard
- Remember that one referral is only one referral
- Thoroughly check references
- Only compare apples to apples
- Avoid business on a handshake
- Avoid large, up-front payments
- Never open an account for a contractor at a local store
- Do not help contractors
- Do not lend tools to the people you hire
- Keep valuables out of sight
- Monitor workers in your home
- Avoid cash payments
- Write a check to the company you hired, not to an employee
- Request lien releases on major work
- Never make the final payment until you are completely satisfied
Best Pick Reports employs a business model that relies on consumer data and advanced survey methodologies to determine unbiased ratings, ensuring homeowners and home service companies alike of a reliable process. We develop a company’s rating according to all the survey data we have about that company spanning the past five years.
Due to the rigorous nature of our research process, many companies do not qualify. Since all Best Pick companies must requalify each year, it is also possible for a company to lose its Best Pick status if it fails to meet our standards during our annual qualification cycle.