Your company’s Best Pick Reports profile is your best tool for attracting the high-quality, ready-to-buy leads you want. But to get those leads, your profile must be accurate and specific.
Consider these tips as you work with the Best Pick Reports team on finalizing your profile:
Use the profile sections to your advantage
- Be as specific as possible (space permitting) when listing the services your company provides.
- If you frequently receive calls for work that you don’t do but that is somewhat related to your industry, be sure to include a Services Not Offered section.
- For example, some pest and termite control companies do not offer wildlife removal services. Similarly, many window and door replacement companies do not offer repair services for products originally installed by a different company.
- If you require a minimum investment for projects, include a Minimum Job section in your profile. This helps prevent calls for jobs that are too small for your company.
Use a specialty note to further pinpoint the right customers
- If your company profile includes a Services Not Offered section, you have the option of including a specialty note (e.g., “The company does not offer roof repair.”) in the ratings table on the front category page. This helps you further publicize your company’s service limitations. To ensure consistency between companies, we ask that your specialty note be worded as “The company does not [do this service].”
Include warranty information
- Our user testing has shown that homeowners want to know a company’s warranty offerings as they compare contractors. In your company profile, include as much specific warranty information as possible.
Include distinctions that matter to homeowners
- Our user testing has shown that homeowners don’t pay as much attention to the information in the Distinctions section as they compare contractors.
- If you decide to include the Distinctions section in your company’s profile, be sure to only include distinctions that matter to homeowners.
- For example, industry awards (e.g., Chrysalis awards, best workplace awards, Associa Advantage awards, etc.) may not mean as much to a homeowner as an EPA certification or specific technician certifications.
- Remember that all distinctions must be accompanied by current documentation.